Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weather & Writing

This week we learned all about weather! We started off by reading "Little Cloud" by Eric Carle. Throughout the story, little cloud changes into many different things. After reading the story, I gave the kids six options of things their cloud could change into. They cut out the shape of what they chose and covered it with white paper their had teared to add a magical, cloud effect. I love how they turned out!
"My little cloud changed into a rocketship." By Sofia

"My little cloud changed into a dog." By Jaeden


"My little cloud changed into a flower." By Allison





     We also learned about rainbows. I taught my kids the colors of the rainbow using this fabulous guy: ROY G. BIV. The kids thought he was hilarious with his spiky rainbow hair! Most of my kids had never heard of indigo and violet so his crazy hair and name definitely came in handy! 
      After learning all of the colors of the rainbow, we made our own rainbows, labeled with the appropriate color.








     Yesterday was a BIG day in EAK! We have been talking about authors and illustrators for a while now but yesterday was the first day I introduced journals to my kiddos. We first chose a topic, families. The kids helped me chart different members of the family: mom, dad, brother, sister, baby, aunt, uncle, cousins, grandma and grandpa.
     I modeled how to pick one person from their family they wanted to draw and write about, then let them lose and I was so proud of the results! We are officially authors and illustrators!!
"I like my mom." By Aiesha

"I like my dad." By Ryland

"I like my cousin." By Leya

No comments:

Post a Comment